Happy Birthday to Me
Relaunching my blog is my birthday gift to myself. So yay for me today! After what have possibly the most craptacular last three weeks of my life I’m tired of the pity party. I have successfully figured out over the past 21 days that:
1. I can go three days without showering (but need to wash my hair only every four days). Not sure if all my friends and neighbors would agree…but I promise not to judge if they ever choose to curl up in a ball and eschew bathing.
2. Vodka is NOT food group. Neither are cheetoes. I don’t think I can look at a martini or powdery yellow salty snack EVER again. Tomorrow I start training for a 5K!
3. My friends rule the world. So does my family (even though they sometimes put the crazy in the icing on top of the crazy cake).
4. Everyone should have a pet. The unconditional love attached to a warm nose and gentle eyes won’t immediately cure a broken heart, but it sure helps a helluva lot.
5. Exercise is a natural anti-depressant.
6. Unpacking after packing/reversing a move S U C K S. And anyone who causes that sort of pain is just not a nice person.
7. Human beings can surprise you in bad ways — and in really amazing ways.
8. Watching the Real Housewives of New Jersey and the Kardashians make me feel like I’m a good human being.
9. Stupid boys suck.
10. I will find you someday, whoever you are, wherever you are. And you won’t be a sucky stupid boy.
11. Tis better to have loved and lost than… oh never mind. That’s just stupid bullcrap some Hallmark card writer pulled out of his you-know-what.
Feel free to comment/share your own thoughts or breakup stories. I have talked to so many people in the past three weeks, and my story is actually tame compared to what other people have gone through. (Left at the altar, gay boyfriends, embezzlers, you name it). And I promise this blog is not going to turn into some endless rant about my ex-boyfriend. This too shall pass — and then I can move on to writing about much more important stuff.